What are the Microbiology internships available in India? Can microbiology students get RCB internship?
Training or internship in the field of Biotechnology will definately give you an hands-on-experience to handle various research projects and this experience will be very very useful when you apply for research positions.
Its good that you are thinking of doing an internship. It will help you immensely as you will get practical (hands-on) work experience. An internship is not only handy in terms of acquiring the practical know-how; but also creates better career prospects.
Some of the places that you can apply for internship are:
- TIFR, Mumbai
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Center For Biomedical Research (ACBR), Delhi
- Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS)
- Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST), Guwahati
- Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), Delhi
- You can apply to any f the IISERs
- National Network for Mathematical and Computational Biology (NNMCB), Pune
You can apply to some of the research institutes, select the faculty member in whose work you are interested in, and then write to them about your interest in their field of research. You can get the contact details of the faulty members from the institute website.
Generally research is multi-dimensional with lots of people from various educational backgrounds contributing to it. So generally institutes do not discriminate much to the field to which you belong. Microbiology interns will get a chance for internships at all the research institutes as it covers some basic aspects in Research. You can also try for RCB internship, Try to mail or personally meet the faculty in whose work you are interested, It really helps.
All the Best!
Please login or Register to submit your answer