Govt. jobs in Environmental Science- Future & Salary:
A Govt. job in environmental science is a dream of any environmental science graduate as it provides opportunities to learn and serve the public with a decent package in the market. An environmental science level furnishes you with the scientific background and necessary abilities needed for roles in a variety of career areas, including preservation as well as sustainability in both the public and private sector. The task overview of environmental scientists is excellent. Employment is predicted to grow 15% from 2012 to 2022, which is quicker than the average for all occupations. However, the majority of the work will indeed remain in the government and academic careers.
Work experience needed to get Govt. jobs in Environmental Science:
Numerous environmental organizations need aid from individuals willing to accomplish volunteer work, so it’s relatively simple to locate relevant work experience possibilities. After gaining some initial experience, you ought to be able to proceed into even more specialist paid work. It’s an excellent suggestion to get involved in clubs as well as societies, while you’re still at university, offering duties with preservation organizations. The organizations such as The Wildlife Trusts, environmental conservation club or end up being active in campaigning teams in your town. You can always focus on any of the following environmental issues to start a career in environmental science.
- air, land and water contamination
- waste management and recycling
- emissions and climate change
- environmental impact assessment and flood risk
- renewable energy opportunities
- environmental management systems.
Participating in seminars and debates on environmental concerns, signing up for relevant publications and even journals or go taking a trip all can give an idea about the responsibilities of a graduate looking for a career in Environmental Science. All these efforts will undoubtedly make you more eye-catching to a company. Look for placements and figure out more about work experience as well as teaching fellowships.
National Level Departments/ Organizations offering Govt. jobs in Environmental Sciences
- Urban Planning
- Social Development
- Research and Development
- Forest and Wildlife Management
- Pollution Control Boards
- Water Resources and Agriculture
- Public Institutions and Private Industries and Firms
- Colleges and Universities
- Ministry of Environment and Forests
Govt. Job profiles in Environmental Science you can apply for:
- Environmental consultant: As an environmental consultant, you’ll collaborate with organizations on a range of environmental problems. You’ll offer professional advisory as well as assessment services to your customers with the aim of reducing or removing ecological damage. You’ll usually be used by working as a consultant firm and work with a range of commercial or government contracts, resolving a variety of ecological and environmental concerns. You might be accountable for guaranteeing that your customer adheres to environmental laws.
- Environmental education officer: Environmental education job involves making individuals aware of environmental problems, promoting preservation and sustainability and also boosting public pleasure
- Recycling officer: As a Recycling officer you’ll prepare and also develop environmental and waste management policies, with the monitoring of neighborhood reusing systems, the production and also shipment of instructional programs and also by arranging neighborhood as well as media liaison efforts. This is one of the good careers to start in Environmental Science.
- Sustainability consultant
- Waste management officer
- Water quality scientist
- Marine biologist
- Nature conservation officer
- Environmental engineer
- Environmental manager
- Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Earth System Governance Project
- Embassies and other Inter-national organization related to the environment
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Some Environmental Science Institutes In India where you can join as a JRF/ SRF:
- Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh
- Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi
- Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi
- Department of Environmental Biology, Delhi University, Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Awadh University, Faizabad-224001, Uttar Pradesh
- Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar, Haryana
- University of Jammu, Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), School of Environmental Sciences, New Delhi
- Purvanchal University, Uttar Pradesh
- University of Delhi, New Delhi
- GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttar Pradesh
- Babasaheb B R Ambedkar University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- B R Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Anna University, Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- University of Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu GD Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- University of Pune, Pune
- Visvesvarya Technological University, AIT, Chikmagalur.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
- Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Hardwar, Uttar Pradesh
Students who have completed their masters and working as JRF/SRF in government laboratories can get up to an amount of INR 25, 000 for the initial two years & INR 28,000 for the rest of the duration of the project. After clearing the Joint CSIR/UGC JRF individual can get a fellowship grant of INR 31,000 and INR 35, 000.
Environmental science graduates can go on to further study to train in a particular career path in environmental science, e.g. teaching or management. There are also opportunities to get supported by your employer to gain directly relevant professional qualifications.
All the Best!!
Please login or Register to submit your answer