I want to know after doing bsc in zoology what are the career option for me in govt. Sector also in private sector
Why a career in Zoology? Scope of Zoology.
Though zoology may not be a favorite subject in India, the scope of zoology is immense both in the industry as well as research. Zoology deals with the study of a living organism, its anatomy, morphology, physiology, etc. Hence, it is one of the most interesting and rewarding fields of life sciences. It is considered as one of the oldest forms of life sciences. Classical zoology involves the classification of the animal kingdom, studying its various classes and phylum in detail and co-relating it with other classes and sub-classes. Though modern Zoology also deals with various new niches of life sciences such as Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Disease Biology among others. Therefore, the scope of Zoology as a subject can be appreciated by the fact that it has applications in various kinds of fields.
Few List of colleges for a degree in Zoology:
- Delhi University, New Delhi
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Mumbai University, Mumbai
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- Christ University, Bengaluru
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Stephen College, New Delhi
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
You can always look for jobs after your masters.
If you are interested in pursuing higher education you can always prepare for higher exams such as CSIR NET, GATE, etc with the help of which you will be able to broaden your career scope.
Then you can work in Government Organisations, Colleges, in India as well as Abroad.
Scope of Zoology- Government Job Opportunities:
- Prepare for the Indian Forest Service Exam– This Exam is taken by thousands of Zoology Graduates each year and is considered as one of the most prestigious exams in the country. This will be the best option if you want to get a government job after your Bachelors
- Prepare for the Civil Service Exam– Though not related to the core zoology subject, this exam is the most prestigious exam in the country and students from all disciplines write this exam.
- Other Govt Sector Exams- Such as SSC, Bank Exams, etc
- Work at various other government institutions such as Hospitals, Research Labs, etc
Scope of Zoology- Salary in India
There are many lucrative job opportunities that will come your way, but most of them will be offered once you have some substantial experience.
Although the salary mostly depends on the field you choose to specialize in but in the beginning, most places will offer you somewhere between Rs 10,000 – Rs 15,000.
If teaching excites you, you can crack the CSIR-NET, JRF, etc. and conduct research while teaching as well. Biotecnika provides online as well as offline coaching for these entrance exams and has achieved a high success rate. After Cracking these exams you can pursue P.hD. from premier institutes in India. You will get a monthly stipend.
Hence, After M Sc in Zoology, you have great career options in both academia as well as in Industries.
The aspirants with a Bachelor of Science in Zoology have a wide career scope with a number of job opportunities in the Public as well as Private sector. There are various work profiles available for the B.Sc Zoology graduates. They are offered really very attractive salary packages in reputed firms. They can get into any of the reputed Government firms by writing various exams conducted by PSC, UPSC and also SSC.
You have completed B.Sc in Zoology so you are eligible for government sector jobs like SSC CGL exam. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an Indian government organization which will recruit staff members for the various posts in the various departments and ministries. Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for SSC CGL exam. Your age should be 21 to 27 years.
Some of the employment areas suitable for a B.Sc Zoology graduates include the following.
– Medical laboratories.
– Pharmaceutical Companies.
– Agricultural firms.
– Wild life rehabilitation centres.
Some of the job profiles suited for a B.Sc Zoology graduate includes the following.
– Laboratory Technician.
– Research Technician.
– Technical writer.
– Animal Caretaker.
– Veterinary Technician.
– Veterinary Technologist.
– Environmental Consultant.
Alternatively you can also think of doing BEd and get into teaching into some government schools
If you are interested in higher studies, you can opt for Masters and then PhD which will open new job arenas as academicians or scientists in government Institutions.
All the Best
Please login or Register to submit your answer