Why M.sc in Microbiology?
M.Sc. Microbiology is the master degree of microbiology. Microbiology has a proper scope in India and abroad. You can work in different hospitals and clinical laboratories as microbiologists.
You can find opportunities in R&D departments in various pharmaceutical companies. Therefore, it is the right career choice. India has multiple best colleges which give you the option to pursue M.sc Microbiology. At present, the scientific, analytical, and problem-solving skills developed by microbiology graduates are high in demand by employers. There are various options available to you after studying for a Microbiology degree. You can choose to stay in education & do a master degree or Ph.D. in microbiology whether you can decide to enter the job market after graduation degree. You can work in both governments as well as in private sectors. With a degree in microbiology, you can get opportunities in various fields like healthcare organizations, forensic science laboratories, environmental organizations, higher education institutions, food and drink, publicly funded research organizations, Pharmaceuticals, and many other industries. In the medicine and healthcare field, your work is usually associated with the prevention & treatment of illnesses linked with microbes.
Payscale after M.Sc. in Microbiology:
You can work as a temporary teacher in college, research fellow (25–31k) and as a project assistant (15–20k) at any institute after your MSc program. The teaching place can be occupied as permanent if you hold a Ph.D. degree (40k after permanent). After qualifying CSIR NET exam, when you get enrolled in any CSIR institute for Ph.D., you get a fellowship of 31k per month + 30% HRA (total 40k). These exams are also valid if you are selected by any national level entrance exam and interview.
Best Colleges for M.Sc. In Microbiology:
- St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Bengaluru http://www.sjc.ac.in/
- M. S. Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce http://www.msrcasc.edu.in/
- Dayananda Sagar College of Art Science & Commerce dayanandasagar.edu/dscasc/
- Manipal University manipal.edu/kmc-manipal/programs/program-list/msc-postgraduate-degree.html
- The University of Hyderabad http://www.uohyd.ac.in/
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham http://www.amrita.edu/program/m-sc-microbiology
- Jain University, Bengaluru: http://www.jainuniversity.ac.in/
- St Francis College, Hyderabad: http://www.sfc.ac.in/
Specializations in M.sc Microbiology includes:
- Agricultural Microbiology
- Industrial Microbiology
- Evolutionary Microbiology
- Nano Microbiology
- Cellular Microbiology
- Soil Microbiology
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Generation Microbiology
- Water Microbiology
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Microbial Genetics
- Environmental Microbiology
Job Profiles in M.Sc. Microbiology:
- Research Assistant
- Food, Industrial or Environmental Microbiologists
- Quality Assurance Technologists
- Sales or Technical Representative
- Clinical and Veterinary Microbiologists
- Medical Technologists
- Biomedical Scientist
- Clinical Research Associate
- Food Technologist
- Scientific Laboratory Technician
- Physician Associate
- Research Scientist (life sciences)
Therefore pursuing M.Sc. Microbiology is an excellent choice from any of the institutes mentioned above in South India, and the scope of Microbiology is immense.
Biotecnika also provides coaching for various entrance exams such as CSIR NET, GATE, etc. Please go through our website.
All The Best!
1.Kristu Jayanti College, [KJC] Bengaluru, Bangalore / Bengaluru, Karnataka
- St Francis College, Hyderabad,Hyderabad, Telangana
- Jain University, Bangalore,Bangalore / Bengaluru, Karnataka
- The Oxford College of Science, Bangalore,Bangalore / Bengaluru, Karnataka
- MS Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce , [MSRCASC] Bangalore,Bangalore / Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Dr NGP Arts and Science College, [DNGPASC] Coimbatore,Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, [ANJAC] Sivaganga,Sivaganga, Tamil Nadu
You may consider any of the above mentioned institute for MSc Microbiology .Entrance Exams are conducted separately by these institutes. You may refer their home sites to get detailed information
Please login or Register to submit your answer